This year the restaurant Katana on Sunset Blvd celebrates its 10 year anniversary, so what better way to commemorate than by creating new soon to be menu staples.
I recommend the outdoor patio for dinner, so you can look down at twinkling lights of Los Angeles while enjoying some of my new favorite things! I tried my best to pare down the list, but there’s just too much good stuff to pass up. I suggest printing this list on your next visit and then just handing it to the waiter.
- Kani Filo Basket with Yuzu Aioli—a delicious basket of crab goodness with a Japanese citrus sauce
- Hama Hama Oysters with Tomato Gelee and Caviar—a saltier version of a traditional oyster, complemented by cubes of concentrated tomato
- Lobster Medallions with black truffles and cherry port vinaigrette—little spheres of lobster that explode with flavor on your tongue
For a second round of appetizers:
- Halibut Sashimi with Kumquat Jam and Yuzu Vinaigrette—thin strips of fish with a hint of sweetness
- Miso popcorn shrimp with asparagus and mushrooms—because who doesn’t absolute love popcorn shrimp!
- Hanabi–spicy salmon on crispy rice cakes-a milder version of its sister the spicy tuna roll
Main Course Offerings:
- Kurobuta Sausage Skewers with Karashi Mustard—like an outdoor picnic Japanese style
- 40-day dry aged New York Steak marinated with garlic soy—something so flavorful that it didn’t need to be seasoned
- Tanaguchi Roll or White Lotus Roll or any roll for that matter—they are all fantastic!
- Chocolate Volcano
- Banana Flambé with Mochi Ice-cream—this felt more like a parade then a dessert!
You may have noticed the absence of cocktails from my review, but that’s only because they need a day all to themselves!!
Stay tuned for Tuesday 🙂 but no need to wait for Katana…I Kannot wait to go back!